The Royal Sydney Golf Club
Rose Bay Sydney, NSW, Australia
Follow us on
Agronomy / Turf Care, Golf Course Maintenance
About The Royal Sydney Golf Club
The Royal Sydney Golf Club is a private members club which was founded in 1893. It is recognised nationally and internationally for its world class facilities which include two golf courses, 18 tennis courts, bowling greens, croquet lawns, 2 squash courts, a gym, two pools, several cafés, a fine dining restaurant, accommodation rooms and multiple function rooms.
What will I be doing?
• Reporting to the Course Superintendent, you will be involved in all aspects of turf maintenance required for the upkeep of the golf courses, lawn tennis courts, croquet and bowling greens.
• The diversity in playing surfaces at the Club offers unique development opportunities for ambitious sports turf professionals.
• The Club takes great pride in presenting quality playing surfaces and accordingly sets high standards for staff in all aspects of their role.
New starters are supported by an experienced leadership team and a highly competent group of turfcare professionals; Greenkeepers with a strong work ethic and team orientation, who are looking to learn, and have a passion for presenting surfaces of the highest quality, will excel in the Club’s environment.
Skills and Experience
• Certificate III or Diploma equivalent in Turf Management or Greenkeeping
• Experience in bunker construction
• Golf course related experience as it relates to WHS
• Experience in leading/supervising of teams
• Minimum 5 years experience working on a golf course
• Working experience with warm season grass types
• Chemical spraying certificate/licence preferred
• Access to training and feedback
• Daily staff meal
• Access to sporting facilities
• Uniforms supplied
Salary Range: $55,000 - $60,000
If this opportunity interests you, we want to hear from you!