PGA ASSISTANT PROFESSIONAL
Weston Golf & Country Club
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Follow us on
Golf Coaching, Golf Operations, Retail
Established in 1915, Weston Golf & Country Club is home to Arnold Palmer’s first PGA Tour victory – the 1955 Canadian Open. Designed by renowned architect, Willie Park Jr., Weston Golf Club is an exceptional private course deeply rooted in Canadian golf history. With the addition of our indoor golf facility – the Nest – and our new wellness centre, Weston offers its members a vibrant year-round community.
The successful candidate can expect a fast paced and dynamic environment accompanied by a healthy work/life balance. In addition to creating a memorable experience for members & guests, all team members are supported in the development of their professional career on and off the golf course. We encourage our staff to actively seek out such development through member relationships, tournament participation, personal networking, and PGA of Canada seminars.
The Weston Golf Club is seeking an Assistant Golf Professional. The position is year round starting in November 2020. The successful candidate will report directly to the Director of Golf.
• Assist in the day to day operation of the Professional Shop.
• Providing first class service to members and guests.
• Running of Ladies’ Day and affiliated tournaments/events.
• Involvement with Tournament Operations.
• Club fitting & club repairs.
• Placing & tracking special orders resulting from Demo & Fitting Days.
• Merchandising of apparel, equipment, and related products.
• Actively participating in member play while maintaining a high level of playing standards.
• PGA of Canada member in good standing.
• Post-secondary degree or college diploma with a golf management discipline.
• Proven excellence in member service, sales, and organisational skills.
• Positive, professional attitude and a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong communication & customer service skills.
• Club Fitting and equipment knowledge.
• Knowledge of JONAS point of sales system is an asset.
• Knowledge of Golf Genius Tournament software is an asset.
• Knowledge of Trackman Launch Monitor Radar is an asset.
• Member event/tournament operations experience.
• Ability to work a varied schedule.
• Ability to teach players of all skill levels.
• Exceptional playing ability.
• Salary well above industry standards - TBD.
• Maximum 40-hour, 5-day work week.
• Year-round employment.
• 100% of lesson revenue.
• Equipment package & staff uniform.
• PGA of Canada dues reimbursed (payable at end of the season).
• Tournament entry fee allowance.
• Benefits package (to commence upon completion of successful probation period).
• Education allowance.
• Staff meal program.
Applications for this role close; October 16, 2020.