COMMERCIAL & OPERATIONS MANAGER
Huapai Golf Club
Riverhead, Auckland, New Zealand
Follow us on
Club / General Management, Golf Course Maintenance, Hospitality, Customer Service
The Huapai Golf Club is seeking to appoint a Commercial and Operations Manager and invites interested applicants. We are looking for someone who can lead the Club through the next phase of its development, someone who is self-motivated, a people person with sound marketing and financial experience, and someone who can communicate well with staff, members, customers and the Board.
The Huapai Golf Club is located just minutes from the end of the North Western Motorway on the Riverhead-Coatesville Highway. It is a magnificent, well maintained 19 hole golf course with a large Clubhouse incorporating a Bar, Café, function areas and a Golf Shop. The course is well utilised with over 35,000 rounds played annually servicing over 700 members, numerous Corporates and over 10,000 green fee players.
The Commercial and Operations Manager is to report to the Board and will be directly responsible for the management of the Club’s four departments, namely: Green Keeping, the Bar & Café, the Golf Shop and Administration. In terms of deliverables and accountabilities, the Commercial and Operations Manager will be responsible for the overall delivery of the Club’s services and the achievement of goals, targets and objectives as detailed in the Strategic Plan and separate directives from the Board.
• Management of all departments, staff and contractors.
• Implementation of the deliverables from the Strategic Plan, business objectives and marketing plans.
• Meeting performance targets in the areas of finances, operations of the Club, membership satisfaction, staff, and course maintenance and presentation.
• Marketing of the Club to attract more usage of Club house facilities and the course.
• Retention and growth of membership, green fee visitors and corporate events.
• Sponsorship and grant funding.
• Maintaining and growing relationships with the community, council and sporting associations.
• Enhancing the Club and golfing experience for all members and guests.
Key Attributes, Skills and Experience:
• Sound business acumen with proven management experience in all business related areas especially finance management, budgeting, forecasting, business operations and marketing.
• Working knowledge of Xero Accounting systems and Dot Golf Membership systems.
• Excellent communication and relationship skills in a Club with a culturally diverse membership.
• Successful leadership and an ability to develop a culture of pride and performance among the Club’s employees and a diverse membership.
• Knowledge of the hospitality and liquor business including relevant laws, and either have or be eligible to obtain a liquor licence.
• A sound knowledge and interest in golf.
• Computer literacy and sound knowledge and experience of social media.
Applications close on 18 September 2020