Regent Park Golf Course
Bolton, Lancashire, United Kingdom
Follow us on
Agronomy / Turf Care, Golf Course Maintenance, Entry Level
Regent Park Golf Centre in Bolton are looking to recruit an Apprentice Golf greenkeeper to assist in the day-to-day set up and maintenance of the course, all the related practice facilities and planted areas. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with a keen interest in golf and greenkeeping.
The role is varied and duties would include:
• Mowing the greens and fairways
• Topdressing and treating turf
• Seeding, renovating and maintaining bunkers
• Maintaining practice area
• Servicing machinery and general maintenance work
• The ideal candidate would be local to the area, keen to learn, hardworking, reliable and have some interest or experience in greenkeeping. Being a golfer would be advantageous although not essential.
You will work 37.5 hours per week between 7am (earliest start) and 3pm (latest finish), Monday to Friday with some occasional weekend work required. Times may vary depending on the season but this will be discussed at interview.
Training will be provided in the workplace where you will work towards a Level 2 Golf greenkeeping Apprenticeship. The ideal candidate must be keen to learn, enjoy a challenge, be honest, hardworking, reliable and personable and have a keen interest in golf & greenkeeping.
Closing date for applications: September 25, 2020